Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year



I shared a quite Christmas with my two cats, Neko and Frankie.
I featured Neko on my Christmas cards because he is the elder of the two. They are both sweet and they love each other. I stayed at home and had a relaxed holiday. 2012 was one of the most stressful years of my life but I have high hopes for 2013. I visited my mom and dad's grave and left a Christmas wreath there. Several of their anniversaries were in December:
They married on December 15, 1942, my dad was killed in a single-car accident on December 20, 1985, and my mom would have celebrated her 92nd birthday on December 27th.

While some anniversaries are tragically sad and others are joyful, such is the nature of life. I was lucky I had my parents in my life for as long as I did and I'm now starting to enjoy the life that they helped to provide for me. I wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Post a Comment